Based in Scottsdale, Arizona, but providing captioning services all over the world, Caption Pros is owned and led by award-winning captioner Jennifer Schuck, FAPR, RDR, CRC.
Jen had been a court reporter for over 10 years when she transitioned into captioning in 2004. With her extensive knowledge of the industry on all fronts, she has served on national boards, competed in and won international realtime writing events. She was inducted as a Fellow of the Academy of Professional Reporters in 2016. She has worked to enhance industry standards by co-chairing the CART Ethics Task Force for the National Court Reporters Association which created the Code of Ethics for captioners. Jen is passionate about captioning and providing accurate, quality services to those who rely on it.
For over a decade, Jennifer has been providing realtime captions for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing. Not limited by location or technology, she delivers captions for television broadcasts, live events remotely and on-site, as well as provides CART captioning in the classroom, the boardroom, and beyond. Jen is a supporter of the Hearing Loss Association of America. Her company sponsors the Arizona Walk4Hearing each year which raises money to help support those with hearing loss.
Credentials, Awards, Board Memberships
- In 2005, Jennifer placed sixth in the National Court Reporters Association Realtime Competition with a final score of 98.711%. In July 2008, Jennifer placed fourth in the same competition with a final score of 97.23%. In July 2011, Jennifer placed fifth with a final score of 98.272%. This competition consists of dictated material at both 200 wpm literary and 225 wpm Q&A.
- In July 2011, at the Intersteno Congress held in Paris, France, Jennifer placed third in the speech capturing – realtime competition with only six penalties. In July 2015, at the 50th Intersteno Congress in Budapest, Hungary, Jennifer again placed third in the speech capturing – realtime competition with only three penalties. This competition consists of eight minutes of dictation at increasing speed with competitors from all around the world. For the first time ever, in 2015 Jennifer competed in the speech capturing – speed competition and placed seventh in the world. On July 23, 2017, at the Intersteno Congress held in Berlin, Germany, Jennifer competed in the same speech capturing competition and took 1st place in the world.
- On August 6, 2016, Jennifer was inducted as a Fellow of the Academy of Professional Reporters. Those who serve the profession at a local, state and national level earn this distinction. Candidates are nominated by their peers and selected by the CAPR Committee of NCRA.
- In February of 2019, Jennifer competed in the real-time contests at the Deposition Reporters Association of California convention. She took 4th place in the Literary competition, 1st place in Q&A, and 2nd place overall.
- RDR – Registered Diplomate Reporter
- RMR- Registered Merit Reporter
- CRC – Certified Realtime Captioner
- CRR – Certified Realtime Reporter
- RPR – Registered Professional Reporter
- FAPR – Fellow, Academy of Professional Court Reporters
- Served as the Chair for the National Court Reporters Association’s Captioning Committee for three years and as a member for three years
- Served as the Co-Chair for the National Court Reporters Association’s CART Ethics Task Force for two years
- Served as a member for the National Court Reporters Association’s Realtime Certification Committee for five years
All captioners who work with Caption Pros hold some level certification. Quality control measures are randomly conducted to ensure consumers receive the highest quality captioning in the industry. Our network of captioners is international. We continuously improve our skills and are committed to providing stellar client service. The goal is is to have an incredible experience every time from the industry’s Caption Pros.
Liane Tomlinson, RMR, CRC, CRR
Teri Darrenougue, RDR, CRR, CRC
Senior Associate – San Francisco/Bay Area